Is it worthwhile to invest in a maintenance plan for your furnace? Is it worth the hassle of calling every year to schedule a furnace maintenance appointment? Absolutely. If you don’t know what kind of benefits that furnace maintenance can get you, your furnace, and your home, you’ll be surprised. Here’s why yearly furnace maintenance is so important.
The Importance of Furnace Maintenance
There are many reasons that you should invest in furnace maintenance, just the same way that you invest in car maintenance.
- Better efficiency: A well-maintained furnace runs better, creates more heat on less energy and is better able to disperse heat through your home. Sometimes routine maintenance can resolve cold spots in your home.
- Reduce repair needs: During maintenance, we can catch small issues with your furnace and resolve them before they become major and expensive repairs. Calling us for maintenance is like investing in not calling us for repairs down the road, especially not emergency repairs.
- Longer lifespan: A furnace that is properly maintained will achieve a longer lifespan so that you can delay replacing it and get more out of your investment. This life extension can be significant.
- Protect your warranty: Some warranties are only valid if you keep your furnace maintained. Voiding your warranty can cost much more than your maintenance calls. Especially because warranties can last ten years, that’s a lot of coverage that you can benefit from. And, the manufacturer will ask for records of your maintenance.
- Reduce safety risks: A furnace that has been neglected is more likely to be a safety risk. It may leak, create a fire, or create other problems.
- Save yourself money: All of these benefits will save you money in the long run as you have to spend less on utilities, repairs, replacement, and dealing with emergencies.
No one wants to deal with a furnace problem. To prevent any furnace issues this winter season, a furnace tune-up may help. Call our experts today to learn more.
What’s Involved in Furnace Maintenance?
When they maintain your furnace, the professionals don’t just replace the filters and call it a day.
Instead, we check and clean virtually every part of your furnace. We’ll check it all over for problems and make small adjustments to perfect its performance. We will also be on the lookout for potential dangers, like electrical problems, carbon monoxide leaks, or just a stray toy that’s been left next to the furnace. When you have furnace maintenance performed by a professional, you can have peace of mind knowing that every part of your furnace has been thoroughly inspected and any potential issues have been addressed.
Have questions about what’s involved in furnace maintenance? We can walk you through the furnace maintenance process, and let you know if your other HVAC appliances need maintenance too.
Ask the Experts for Furnace Maintenance
To ensure your furnace is working properly this winter, give our experts at D & B Climate Care a call today.