Heat Recovery Ventilators (HRV) were invented in Canada to recapture as much of the heat energy lost through air exchange to the outside as possible. No wonder they rarely break down! Energy Recovery Ventilators (ERV) work much in the same way, but they keep humidity in your home during dry winter months.
Regular HRV/ERV maintenance should keep your system from experiencing a sudden crash. A protection plan includes:
- Cleaning and/or replacing filters.
- Air flow verification and, if needed, vent, grill and ductwork cleaning.
- Cleaning and lubricating fans.
- Cleaning the vents, ducts, and grills
- Condensate drain inspection.
- Cleaning the heat exchange core.
Plus, if you subscribe to a maintenance plan, you get a significant discount off regular labour rates whenever additional repairs are required. We can do a lot to keep your system in perfect condition, but sometimes it can’t be avoided.
Contact us and see why so many of your neighbours already trust us to repair their HRV/ERV and other home comfort systems.